Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh. My. Gosh.

You have to read this book. Today. I was up half the night reading it and only put it down so I could get some sleep and be a halfway decent mommy this morning.
"Comeback: A mother and daughter's journey through hell and back", by Claire and Mia Fontaine. I first heard about this on Pioneer Woman's site, but honestly, it sounded a bit dark and I've been reading lots of chick lit lately so I wasn't in the mood for something sad and dramatic. But then my girlfriend in Oklahoma told me she was reading it and loving it, so I thought I would try.
I can't put it down. I can't remember the last time I was this-what's the word?-spellbound, consumed, overwhelmed, emotional about a book. It's amazing. I cried twice in the first four chapters. I cried so many times last night, reading it, I lost count. It's amazing. If you have been abused, if you know someone who has, if you have a daughter, if you are a daughter, if you know a daughter, READ THIS BOOK. The writing is phenomenal. It is a true story. It is devastating and real and unbelievable, yet understandable, all at the same time. Read this book. For real, people. Read this book. TODAY.

No comments: