Thursday, August 23, 2007

What the...?













If you've ever wondered what would happen if you gave a 2-year-old a cupcake and a cup of water, here's your answer. This happened yesterday. And, for the record, this picture doesn't do the mess justice. There was chocolate water splattered on the tile floor, the walls and the table. It was EVERYWHERE. It was one of those messes where you aren't even sure where to begin cleaning.
I only left her in the kitchen alone for about 10 minutes-I swear!-while I fed the baby his bottle in the living room, which, by the way, is connected to the open kitchen so I was about 10 yards away from her as she created this monstrosity. I was THERE, I just wasn't there. Know what I mean? All I had to do was TURN AROUND to prevent this from happening, but I didn't. I could hear her and my oldest could see her, so what was there to worry about? I'll tell you what. A mess so disgusting, all I could do was laugh to keep from crying. This is one of those times when you pull the old Bud Dry line, "Why ask why?"
Hey, speaking of Bud Dry....

No comments: