Sunday, August 19, 2007

They Have to Earn Their Keep

We don't believe in raising lazy, good-for-nothing kids around here. We want them to be productive members of society someday, so we start them early on good, old-fashioned hard labor. They really don't seem to mind. Of course, they don't know any better. That's why we start them so young...so they'll never know any different.

Here's my 4-year-old, doing a little vacuuming. She has a little trouble maneuvering our 500-pound Kirby vacuum, but she does pretty good for such a small girl.












This is my almost-2-year-old, trying her hand at sweeping the kitchen. I have to be honest. She is not very good at it. I always have to follow up after her. But she tries. And she's precious, so I let it slide.













And then there's the baby. So far, we haven't found anything he can do. But we're thinking of getting a riding lawn mower and strapping him to it. He wasn't too happy to find out that his days of lazing around, sleeping and napping, are numbered.












My husband I figure we have about 5 more years of training these kids before they take over ALL the chores and then he and I will do nothing but lay around watching TV and barking orders. Ha. It's fun to dream anyway, isn't it?

No comments: