I'm 35 today. I don't feel 35, whatever that means. I think I look 35, maybe 30 on a good day, but that's ok with me. It is hard for me to believe that it's been 10 years since I was turning 25, and yet, it was a lifetime ago. I did a little reflecting on happenings in my life since my 25th birthday, and here's what I came up with, in no particular order.
10. Twenty extra pounds for three nearly-perfect kids is a fair trade.
9. Getting drunk isn't nearly as much fun when you have to be Mommy at 6 a.m. and being Mommy is much more fun than being drunk.
8. Toilet papering (or bunning) is fun at any age.
7. Dancing on tables probably isn't acceptable anymore (I'm still struggling with this one.)
6. Husbands are annoying sometimes, but if you get a good one (like I did), they will change your life in ways you never thought possible.
5. Trying to be perfect is no fun at all.
4. Families are hard, but totally worth the effort.
3. Your past does not define you.
2. Worrying about what others think of you is a complete waste of time.
1. Loving and accepting yourself is the greatest feeling on earth. (And it took me longer than 10 years to figure that out!)
So now that you have your daily words of wisdom, go forth and be prosperous. I am taking my 35-year-old self to the gym this morning so I can go indulge in nachos and swirl margaritas tonight with my sweet family! Have a great day!