Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stealing Cinderella (Post 2)

Good Lord, have you heard this song? Stealing Cinderella, by Chuck Wilkins (I think). I had heard the chorus, but never knew what it said. A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends told me I had to listen to it. I finally got around to downloading it to my iPod. I was in the middle of a jog when it came on. I had to stop and walk while I cried. Seriously. I was sobbing. Tears, shaking shoulders, the sucking, gasping breath. It was RIDICULOUS. But how can you have two baby girls and listen to that song without crying? For those of you who haven't heard it, here is just a sampling of what you will hear. The premise behind the song is about a guy coming to ask a father for the daughter's hand in marriage...while he's there, he notices pictures of the daughter on a shelf. It says something like this:
Playing Cinderella, riding her first bike.
Jumping on the bed, looking for a pillow fight.
In her mind, I'm Prince Charming
But to him I'm just some fella.
Riding in, stealing Cinderella.

SOB. GASP. SOB. I added insult to injury by coming home and looking for some pictures of my baby girls.




Who do I talk to about stopping time? Just for 20 or 30 years!?! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!


No comments: