Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Party

Oh my goodness. Last Saturday was the combo birthday party for Avery and Rhett. It was our first "kid" party and we are still recovering. I just today finally got all the trash carried out and mopped all the red icing off of the floor. It was nuts. There were so many people there, that I can't even remember half of what happened. All I know is that the kids had a great time and that my house was wrecked when it was over. A sign of a good party!


Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the pictures...the bounce house was a big hit! We didn't add the water until the "official" party was over. I didn't want the neighborhood parents to hate me for sending their kids home wet and muddy in their good party clothes. I saved that for close friends and family!





The bounce house came 2 hours before the party started. Thank goodness it didn't come at 8 a.m. as originally promised. Avery would have passed out by then!





I must say, it was a bit difficult for Reese at certain points during the day. Imagine being two and wondering why your brother and sister get cake and presents but you don't. She didn't understand, but thank goodness for Grammy, Pa Pa and my friends Kealey and Erin. They each brought Reese a little something so she wouldn't feel so left out. Poor middle child. I'm putting money in savings for the therapy that is sure to come. Thank goodness, because if being left out of a party wasn't enough, her older cousin Dalton, pushed her down the water slide in her underwear...look at her face.


I can hear hear now: "I'm FEEKING OUT!!!"


Of course, when you get a bounce house, you have to expect lots of bumps, bruises and skinned elbows and knees. We had our fair share. Thank goodness most of the "serious" injuries happened to family members - they can't sue us. Wait. I guess they can. But I don't think they will. (You won't, will you guys?)





Here's my nephew, Cash. He went down like a bad Goodyear. It took him a good hour to recover. Actually, I'm not sure if it was the injury or the fact that he had to share Grammy and Pa Pa with his cousins. He's the tender-hearted one of the bunch. But don't think he's soft. He's a champion Mutton Buster, remember?

He recovered nicely. Here he is, taking a break with Avery.


Aren't they cute? I love to see kids, all wet and red-faced, wrapped in towels. It's one of my favorite things.


Here's one of Avery with her Grammy. Avery is crazy about Grammy.





I think the feeling may be mutual because Avery only had to ask Grammy one time to go down the waterslide with her. Grammy is a trooper! (Her pregnant Aunt La-La and I did it to..somehow those pictures got lost!)
Here's the one of Grammy...























HA! Gotcha...my mother would KILL me if I posted a picture of her looking anything other than her very best!


I'll leave you with one of Rhett enjoying his cake.



I especially like this picture because it looks like he's saying to Avery, "Have you had cake yet? Oh, it's the best. You gotta get some of this!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was the BEST party I have been to in YEARS....I am so glad we came and that I made it down the water slide. I have to say that tops my list of things done while 7months prego. Your kids are so lucky to have you. You are the best Party Planner Ever...So glad we got to spend time with you all. FUN FUN...Love you all!!!