Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Diary of a Bad Mommy (Volume 6)

I feel like such a loser this morning. I didn't hear my alarm and overslept. When the phone ringing finally woke me up, it was 15 minutes before I was supposed to be in the car, taking Avery to school. All three kids were still asleep, I hadn't made her lunch, gotten anyone dressed. We could have eaten breakfast in the car (loser Mom, I know), but how in the world could I get us all dressed and ready in 15 minutes? I ran around in circles like a chicken with my head cut off, called a friend for moral support, and then gave up. I called the school and told them the truth. I'm a loser who overslept. They were very nice. They said it happens all the time, but that truthfully doesn't make me feel any better.
So, Avery is staying home today. I promise to read with her and teach her at least one thing today. I should be well-rested enough to teach her how to diagram sentences.

P.S. I just realized I accidentally stole a $10 item from Wal Mart last night. I am SUCH a loser.

No comments: