There are a few things I'd like to get off my chest, but none of them, on their own, is worthy of an entire post. So here goes:
1. I don't like going to the movie theater. Not because of the cost or because I have to wear a bra. No, it's because I cannot stand to hear people eat. Especially crunching. Ice is the worst for me, but popcorn is almost as bad. Just in case you are my friend and thinking that you will never eat in front of me again...eating with people or with the people in front of me doesn't bother me. It's when the crunching is happening to the side of me or behind me that seriously sends me into an epileptic fit.
2. I don't like to hear the phone ring. I love for my friends and family to call me, but my first reaction to hearing a ringing phone is "AAARRRRGGGGHHH!"
3. I love going to the grocery store. Everything about it thrills me. I love to clip coupons and buy things on sale. I love to compare prices of butter and cheese. I love to fill my basket with fresh produce and name brand items that I didn't get to have as a kid. I like to organize the items on the belt based on where they will be stocked in my house. I love to hear the beep of the checkout. And most of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a fully stocked pantry and refrigerator. It makes me feel like all is right with the world.
Sidenote: I used to want to be a grocery checker. I might be one right now if they hadn't gone to the automated beeper. I like the cash register. I used to pretend to use the cash register to ring up the items when my mom was putting away groceries. Sadly, this is one goal I fear has slipped through my fingers. Damn technology.
4. I love to smell my kids' feet. It cracks me up that even little babies get stinky feet. Go ahead, smell a baby's feet sometime. Right there, on the bottom, where the toes meet the feet. It's smelly, unless they just had a bath. I love it!
5. Getting massaged is my very favorite thing in the world. Actually, any rubbing of any kind on any part of my body is heavenly. And I don't mean that in a perverted way. If someone wants to play with my hair or tickle my back, they are my friend for life. I love it when Rhett sits and rubs my arm with his little chubby paws. I may have been a cat in a former life.
6. I cannot sleep unless my teeth are flossed. If I can't suck air through my two front teeth, I'll lie awake debating over whether or not to get up and floss or try to do it with my tongue or fingers.
7. On that same note. I never go to bed with makeup on. Ok, there was that one time in college when I had too much to drink, but usually, I can't do it. It's almost an obsession for me. I've tried. I want to be one of those low maintenance girls who just decides to go to bed and goes. Without a routine. It reminds me of a grandma to always have to clean my face before bed. But I can't sleep and it makes me gag when I see the mascara caked on my pillow and under my eyes in the morning.
8. I love to play poker. Online, with friends, in Vegas, anywhere. Ok, maybe I can't really afford to play poker in Vegas, but I've definitely played Shreveport or Kansas City. Actually, I like any kind of gambling, but mostly poker. And blackjack. I'm afraid I would be a gambling addict if we lived near a casino and if I weren't married to a somewhat level-headed gambler. And if I didn't want my kids to go to college.
9. I love celebrity gossip. I subscribe to US Weekly, not only because it's cheaper than People, but because it's trashier. But still acceptable and somewhat credible. I have standards.
10. I could spend $1000 in less than an hour in each of the following stores. (I dream about it all the time.) Barnes and Noble, Sephora, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, or Target.
That's all for now...but there is much more weirdness where that came from! Stay tuned!