Monday, November 5, 2007

Yoga Update

First of all, you may all let out a sigh of relief. I did not toot in yoga class. Nor did I wet my pants (I went to the bathroom 3 times before class started just to be sure.) Second of all, I realized this: I am sooo not a yoga person. And I also realized that I soooo need to become a yoga person. It is virtually impossible for me to "quiet my mind" and that is exactly what I need to do. Every time she would say "just relax and focus on your body," I would think "Should I just clean the bathrooms or should I try to finish painting the trim today? I really need to finish painting that trim before I start sanding and staining furniture. So should I do all that today? I need to learn to use the sander. I need to focus on this yoga stuff. I need to suck in my stomach. I need to not toot."
I really enjoyed the class, left feeling very tall, very strong and very relaxed. And very much wanting to avoid the daycare room, where it is complete pandemonium.
I will go back, as much as I possibly can. And I encourage any of you who have crazy lives, stressful lives, busy lives or just a mind like mine, that runs non stop, always worrying, wondering, thinking, to try this. You don't have to be from India or eat nothing but organic veggies and granola to enjoy it. It's a pretty cool form of exercise. I feel enlightened.

No comments: