Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Since today is Thanksgiving and I've always wanted to do this, but never suggested it at a family gathering for fear of being ridiculed and laughed at, I'm going to do it today because no one is physically here to tease me for being such a dork. (No comments about me being such a dork, ok? It's a holiday, for crying out loud. Cut me some slack.)

1. I am thankful that I am here in my warm house with a turkey baking in the oven.
2. I am thankful that my sweet husband is spot cleaning the carpet because Rhett has spit up sweet potatoes for a week.
3. I am thankful that I have three of the most beautiful, happy, sweet children on all of God's green earth.
4. I am thankful I married my best friend and that he has changed my life.
5. I am thankful that he has a brother whose family is coming to hang with us today so we don't have to eat 12 pounds of turkey by ourselves.
6. I am thankful that I have family who, despite living in separate places, calls to wish us Happy Thanksgiving and whom I love so much that it almost feels like they are here.
7. I am thankful that I am not pregnant or nursing a new baby, which I have done 3 of the last 5 Thanksgivings.
8. I am thankful that I weigh 10 pounds less than I did last Thanksgiving and therefore, am not going to have to wear maternity jeans today (although I may put them on after the meal).
9. I am thankful that I am healthy enough to go for a short jog this morning and that it's nice and cold...my favorite running weather.
10. I am thankful for God for making all of the above things possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: