Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wish Me Luck

I'm braving the 5 hour trek to P-town again. I'm going to stay with my brother and help him with his kids while his wife is out of town. So far, things aren't going well.
I got roughly 3 hours of sleep. We went to bed late, had a family slumber party which resulted in Reese and I moving to Avery's twin bed for the night; Rhett woke up around 2:30 and was up until about 4:30, when I finally just put him to bed and gave up.
The bags under my eyes aren't bags...they are full-on luggage at this point. So I got out my refrigerated mask to dry to de-puff so I could at least apply some makeup and at the same time, a bottle of olive oil salad dressing flew out and broke all over the floor. I cleaned it without one single naughty word. And then, as I packed my shampoo, the lid broke and it leaked. Again, no more naughty words. That's how excited I am that we are going.
We are stopping by Stillwater to check out all the new facilities at OSU and visit with some old friends in the athletic department, where I worked as a student assistant all through college. They need to see that I turned out to be a semi-normal adult with three beautiful children. I know some of them were worried. Hopefully, the weather holds up and Avery gets to run on the "real Cowboy field" as planned. We'll go by Eskimo Joe's and eat the best cheese fries in America....and then it's off to P-town, where, according to my mom and Josh, there is probably going to be a tornado and horrible weather. Woo. Hoo.
We are all excited and ready to be there. Wish us luck for a safe, uneventful trip.
I'll be posting from the road because my new fancy pants, hot pink laptop finally came in the mail Monday. This was my surprise birthday gift from my husband and it FINALLY got here. Can't wait to show off my road skills.
Peace out. (Kidding. I don't ever say that...just testing it.)

No comments: