Thursday, October 4, 2007

Family Picture

Now that Avery is in school, she comes home with little notes like "Bring peaches to school Thursday" or "Work on this at home." The one we got two weeks ago said "We need a family picture by October 2 for a special project." Hmmm. Ok, well, we don't have a family picture with all 5 of us in it, but I actually wouldn't mind having one, so we'll find a way to get one. Easier said than done, apparently.
First, getting all 5 of us to look decent at the same time is no small feat. I personally rarely wear makeup if I'm not going anywhere and I don't dress my kids up to sit at home all day either, so days went by as I waited for an opportunity to have all 5 of us together, clean, decently dressed and Mommy wearing makeup. Finally, an opportunity presented itself. We were all getting ready to go to Open House at Avery's school. The babies weren't going, but they look cute all the time anyway, so no biggie. My friend just happened to stop by that day, so she agreed to take the picture. How fun. I was excited that I would finally have a picture of our family that I could frame and put on my wall of pictures in the hallway. HAHAHAHAHAHA. These were my choices:

Reese isn't looking at the camera. Can't use this one.









Now Reese is looking at the camera, but Rhett is having a coughing fit. Can't use this one. (Why does Avery insist on that fake smile?)





If you can believe it, this is the winner. Everyone's face is at least toward the camera. Yeah, Reese isn't looking directly into the camera and yes, I realize that Rhett is crying, but it was really the lesser of two (or three) evils on this deal. Needless to say, I won't be putting this in my Wall of Fame in a frame or anything. I can't wait to see Avery's "special project." I wonder if all the other families look like this? I'm just glad we didn't spend hundreds of dollars at a studio for this.

No comments: