Thursday, July 3, 2008

Where, Oh Where....

...has my little boy gone? Oh where, oh where could he be?






Look how sweet and happy he is here. This was taken about 5 weeks ago. I couldn't find a more recent one of him looking this precious and happy. For the past couple of weeks, this is the face I get most often:




This is not the result of a severe beating with a wet noodle, as he might want you to believe. I think this picture was taken after I moved him away from the dishwasher. It's not that I expect him to love being told "No", but it has gotten a bit ridiculous. Every little thing causes a serious, Category 5 meltdown. Honestly, I think if I hired someone to do a study, the results would show that he spends 65% of his day crying, 5% laughing and the other 30% sleeping or eating.
Wait. Sometimes he cries while he eats. If I put something on his tray that he doesn't like (that's the other thing...there are actually foods he dislikes now!), he screams until every last morsel is on the ground where it belongs. So we could actually be looking at a 75% cry rate each day. That's enough to send any mom over the edge either into insanity or alcoholism...and I was teetering on the edge of both anyway. I know it's probably just a stage and totally normal for his age, but I miss my cuddly, happy little boy. Come back to me, Big Tuna...Mommy needs you!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Now that sounds and looks absolutely exhausting. Hold on tight, as you already know, this phase shall pass and be replaced by something as equally obnoxious. Hopefully something with less noise:o)