Friday, July 18, 2008

What is Wrong With This Picture?



If you guessed "The baby is on the stairs but the gate is still up," you are correct! This crazy boy can climb over the gate. It's not easy for him...the bottoms of his toes are bleeding from holding onto those white criss-crossy things, but he is determined to get up there.
I didn't expect this. The girls never even tried to cross the gate. They never tested child-proof cabinet locks either. Rhett will work them until he's in. He can get into the cleaners under the cabinets with no problem. He can also get into the one that has all the Ziploc bags in it. At least twice a week, our kitchen floor is covered with various sizes of Ziploc bags. What's funny to me is, that when I tell him "No," he'll stop. In fact, he won't even attempt the cabinet with the cleaners anymore. But the Ziploc cabinet? He heads for it at least once a day, no matter how many times I say "No." Same with the stairs.
We finally removed the gate because he already understands that he has to go down backward, which makes me feel a teeny tiny bit more comfortable. I'm sure my heart will start beating regularly in about 6 months.
Is this how it always is with boys? I don't know if I can take it. Of course, I don't really have a choice. I'm not putting him back, that's for sure!

No comments: