Sunday, September 21, 2008

What is She Singing?

This cracks me up. Reese has gone around for weeks, singing this...to me it sounds like "Any bellies, straight up fool." What do you think?

What it took me days to figure out, is that she is saying "Empty bellies, 'stead of full," which I found out when we were watching Annie for the thousandth time. It's one of the lines from "It's a Hard Knock Life." I don't know why that's her favorite line, but she sings it constantly.

I also don't know why it never fails to make me smile. Maybe it's her voice. Maybe it's because she's just starting to communicate better and do things like copy movies and songs.

Or maybe it's just because I find her so stinking cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She IS so stinking cute! I'm glad you gave us a translation, though!