Saturday, September 27, 2008

Comic Relief

I have been watching politics all morning. I know it is so boring, but after the debates last night, I wanted to see what everyone thought about it. For the record, most impartial journalists agree that nobody won. Nobody took advantage of the opportunity to really stick it to the other one. So it was pretty boring.
But I still wanted to see what was going on in the world of politics today. I have the TV on Fox News where they are continuously covering the big bailout deal that is going on. It is a pretty interesting and frightening situation going on, but still, it's getting kind of boring. Just as I was about to zone out and possibly fall asleep, I heard a line on a commercial that made me laugh out loud:

"Seek medical attention for an erection lasting more than four hours."

And then I got a mental picture of a dude walking in to the ER with an, um, excuse me, boner. Then, I couldn't help it; I started picturing all of those boring politicians and reporters on TV with boners that won't go away. All of them, in the ER, yelling for help. "Someone help me! I have a boner with a mind of its own!!"
You should try it. It makes politics much more interesting.

No comments: