Thursday, September 18, 2008

Last Resort

Well, I finally gave in and admitted that I'm doing a poor job of losing weight on my own, so I made an appointment at a medical weight loss center. I went yesterday. I went through lots of test, including one that tells my BMR, which is basal metabolic rate. According to the doctor, mine is extremely low, which explains why I've had such a hard time losing weight. He put me on an 800-1100 calorie-a-day diet and gave me an appetite suppressant so I won't start eating the paint off the walls on that strict of a diet. I've been on this for exactly 2 1/2 hours now and so far, so good. I feel empty, but not hungry. I know that eating that little is not a realistic way of life for me, but I felt like I needed a jump start. I'm about to start boot camp again and I needed to see some results so I won't give up again.
I'll keep you posted on the progress.

The bad news is that I couldn't eat the cake the girls made me. The good news is that I wouldn't have eaten it anyway:


Yeah, it's a dirt cake. I know, gross. Gross, but sweet.

Kinda like my kids.

2 comments:

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Hi Dodi! I found your blog through PW's comments. Saw your name and knew it had to be you. Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Your kids are too cute. Love the pie they made for you:-)

There are a lady in my MOPS group that wanted someone to do scrapbook pages for her.... I didn't know you did that. I probably have some business for you. Your paintings are really cute too! Glad to see you are using your creative side:-) Need to get your number and catch up. I'm so bad about keeping in touch with people.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Uh... You'd think I was from some hick town... There are a lady... ha! Oh wait, I am... whoops.