Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who Cares If It's Lame?

This morning, when Avery suggested that I buy myself a birthday cake so we could have a party after school, I told her no. I told her that most people don't buy themselves a birthday cake. She said "Why not?" And I thought...why not, indeed? Who cares if it will just be me, my kids, and the kids I drag home after school with us? This could actually be pretty fun.

Confession: I was kind of excited because I knew immediately which cake I would pick if they had it in the case at Kroger. Every time I see this, I want to have a reason to get it. And today I did.

Thanks, Ave, for making me feel like it's ok to buy my own cheeseburger and fries birthday cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh i love it!! What a cute idea!!

Vickie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I bake myself a cake every year! I think it's fun! I do ask for some suggestions, though!

Anonymous said...

I do my own cake every year too. That way I get exactly what I want.

Hope you got my message and hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

super cute cake!!! how fun!! happy birthday!