Monday, August 25, 2008

Homeschooling?

Is it too late for me to decide to keep Avery at home one more year? Or homeschool her? Just for one more year?
Today was her first day of school and they only went for about an hour while the parents listened to a bunch of procedural stuff. Basically telling us about lunch, how to pick them up after school and other general "don't-be-an-annoying-parent" stuff. And I still cried.
What is my problem? I taught Kindergarten at this school. I know the principal and many of the teachers. And I'm still a total basket case over it.
I'm not ready to let my baby girl go. I feel like, once they start school, it all goes so fast and every year is a step further away from me. I'm not ready. I'm not ready.
I realize that I can repeat that all I want, but that tomorrow will still come and she will leave me. And she can't wait.
I'm off to cry some more. And try to think of distracting things I can do tomorrow so that I won't be so lonely without her on her first full day of Kindergarten.

1 comment:

kamewh said...

Mine is starting 4K next week and I know it is going to be so hard to let him go!

P.S. You've been "tagged"- see my post on my blog for details :)