Thursday, December 27, 2007

Presents!

NOTE: I am having some trouble with the formatting of this post, obviously. I've been working on it since 9:00 and my kids are mad and I'm frustrated, so sorry for the mess.
We all know that Christmas is a celebration of our Lord, Jesus Christ. It is a time to honor his birth and remember the tremendous sacrifice he made for all of us. (Disclaimer: While I hold true my Christian roots and beliefs, and honestly, truly believe that Jesus is the Son of God, I am in no way claiming to be a good Christian girl, living the way Jesus wants me to believe. I attend church sporadically and sin on an hourly basis. So, if you go back and read posts about my boobs or drinking or saying naughty words, please don't send me emails calling me a hypocrite because I already told you I was one. I just believe it is my duty to introduce my children to the basics of Christianity so maybe they can one day save my wretched soul.)
I reminded my oldest daughter that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday several times in the weeks preceding Christmas. She attends a Christian pre-school and they spend a fair amount of time discussing the importance of Jesus during this holiday season as well.
But who are we kidding? When you are 4 years old, Christmas is all about the presents. And boy, did we get presents.










This is the calm before the storm at Grammy's house.





And here we go....it got much worse, but I had to put the camera down and run.

I think Reese was the most excited. She went nuts over everyone's gifts. In fact, she had a hard time opening her own because she was so happy watching everyone else open theirs.



Look at her little face. Isn't that what Christmas is all about?
Besides Jesus, I mean.



She got tons of Dora stuff and a purse and jewelry and lip gloss from her cousin, Cash. She went nuts!




Have I ever mentioned how adorable I think she is?









I think it's safe to say that JD was the least excited. Poor baby, he just didn't understand why everyone got cool toys and his Aunt Dodi gave him a lame sweatsuit. I vow not to buy my nieces and nephews anymore clothes on Christmas
or birthdays unless their mother asks me to. And even then, I'm not so sure.


Avery told me that she was most excited about the magic kit her daddy got her, which I did not get a picture of because I was so mesmerized by the show. She loves to be the center of attention and make everyone go "ooohhh" and "aaaahhh". I wonder where she gets that?
Rhett got mostly clothes. Luckily, he is too little to know any different. His mommy told everyone that's what he needed more than anything, since he is 7 months old and wears sizes 12-18 months and is growing so rapidly, he'll be in a 2T before the New Year. But these John Deere boots had to be the hit of the evening.


Look at my little Sub-Urban Cowboy, kicked back with a bottle, wearing nothing but his underpants. Let's hope that's the only time he's ever photographed in this situation.




My favorite gift were the fancy-schmancy wine glasses my sister-in-law, Emily, gave me. They are from Pier 1 and they are red and they are gorgeous and they make me want to drink wine. Is it too early for that? I have two sick kids who are whiney and won't let me accomplish any chores today anyway. Does that make it ok? Oh, come on, people. Live a little. Even Jesus drank wine.

No comments: