Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just One of Those Days

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about today. It should be a great day. First day back at boot camp, only one kid to babysit today, dinner with friends tonight; what's to be upset about?
Well, first of all, my husband kept me up watching some creepy movie last night. It wasn't over until after 10:30 and then I had to watch the end of the Fiesta Bowl because, well, it was exciting! So I was all wound up and creeped out and didn't get to sleep until well after 11:30. And had to get up at 4:45 for boot camp. I haven't gotten up that early for the past two weeks. Needless to say, my body was not amused. I think it was trying to retaliate for the early wake-up call, because when I arrived at boot camp and pulled my weight bag out of the car, something in my neck popped a little bit. I spent the next hour, trying not to notice the pinched nerve, or whatever it is, in my neck as I worked out. It didn't work.
I got home, couldn't get Avery out of bed. So she ended up running late. I just realized that she left her backpack. With her snack in it. And I can't take it to her because I have a baby coming over in less than 10 minutes. So now she'll be the only kid without a snack, which really doesn't seem like a big deal, but as a former Kindergarten teacher, I can assure you: It's a VERY big deal. IT's not that I mind knowing that a 5-year-old is going to chew my ass this afternoon over it. After all, the backpack is her responsibility. No, I just feel a bit guilty about the issue her poor teacher is going to have. First, she'll ask if anyone wants to share their snack with Avery. If no one volunteers, Avery will feel like a tool, which will probably make her cry. And then she'll want to come home, and her teacher will have to deal with that mood for the rest of the morning. Add that to my "bad mommy" list. It's a small one, though, so maybe just make it a footnote.
Ok, so I'm sleepy, I'm hurting, and every time I sit down at this Homedics Shiatsu massage thingy to try to un-knot the neck knots, the phone rings. I'm not having a great day. And hey, look at that! It's still early!

No comments: