Monday, October 6, 2008

Yep, It's Monday

What is it about Mondays? I always think of that pleasant, yet annoying co-worker lady in the movie Office Space. "Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays." I think I have a case of the Mondays today. Here's why:

1. I stayed up late watching some crazy show about Obama and his crazy radical terrorist friends, so I didn't get to sleep until after midnight...
2. ...which makes me tired. I HATE being tired. It makes me grumpy. And hungry. Two very bad things when you are stuck at home with three kids on a rainy day.
3. It is raining. Which, normally would be fine, but it didn't start raining until after I was jogging at 5:30 this morning. So I didn't get to sleep in. And I needed to sleep in, if only until 6:45. (You know you're old when getting up at 7 is considered "sleeping in.")
4 It is raining. Did I already mention that? Oh, well, it matters double today because today, of all days, I had to bring my donation of diet Coke and Coke 12 packs to the school for the Teacher Preview at the Book Fair today. The car line on rainy days is atrocious. It took me 15 minutes to get 2 blocks this morning. And then once I did park, I had to carry Rhett, Avery's backpack (so she could carry some Coke) and a 12 pack through the mile of cars, in the rain, into the school. Where I had to drop everything to sign in before walking 2 feet away from the sign in lady to drop the Cokes.
5. Ran into a notoriously hateful woman from our neighborhood. She corners me for 5 minutes, bitching about the car line. "It took me 10 minutes to get here from my house this morning. I didn't even wait. I parked on the side of the street and walked them in. If they think I'm sitting in that effing car line all effing morning, they are effing crazy. Damn school."
(She thinks everything is the school's fault. I know the principal has some power, but I don't think even she can make it rain in order to cause a traffic jam at the school.
6. Reese threw a big old hissy fit when I told her we had to leave the school. She wanted to stay with Avery. So there I am, right in front of my ex-boss, the principal, unable to control my own child because I've got 30 pounds of Rhett in my arms. And if I let him go, Lord help us. As I passed, I heard her say to the library aide "They're both hers. She had another one!" (She wasn't being ugly, but I still felt like a douche.)
7. Rhett's eyes are caked with gunk. Ditto for his nose. I don't know if it's sickness or allergies, but I'm keeping him home today. Which means we miss playgroup at K's house. And we were going to make spiderwebs and decorate cupcakes. Instead we'll make mucous and decorate the house with boogers.
8. I left a Diet Pepsi on the table. A fresh one. Rhett just dumped it all over himself, the couch and the carpet. Which I shampooed on Thursday and partially again on Saturday when he threw up the Halloween Runts his sisters gave him.
9. So now I have, not only my regular piles of weekend laundry to do, but I also have to wash the couch cushions. Which means I can't lie around on the couch and watch reruns of Clean House.
10. I can only have 1000 calories today so I can't cheer myself up with junk food.

There. Aren't you so glad that you checked in with me today and I could ruin your morning by boring you with the mundane, ridiculous inconveniences of my day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was gonna complain about my Monday, but after that, not anymore!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better an old friend I hadn't seen in a while asked if I was pregnant. (I'M NOT) My husband came home from his doctor appt. and has lost 50 lbs.
Happy Monday