Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sleeping Beauties

There is no real meaning behind this post (unlike all the others, which are chock-full of profound, deep sentiments) except that I love these pictures. There are two reasons I love to see pictures of my babies sleeping. One, they look precious while they are sleeping. So peaceful and sweet and quiet. Two, I have a level of insomnia that drives me crazy. I can be as exhausted as all-get-out (the only term that fits here, in my opinion), get into bed and lie there for hours, wide awake. So when I see my children sleeping peacefully, in positions and places that I could never fall asleep in, I can't help myself. I have to savor the moment.
For the record, Reese is the best sleeper in the house. She gets this from her daddy. They can both fall asleep anywhere, at anytime if they are tired enough. My husband has fallen asleep sitting up on the couch while we were entertaining guests. I'm not kidding. He can sleep. Reese can, too....

I cannot fathom being able to sleep like this. There is no fear, no worry. This amazes me. I could only fall asleep like this if someone forced me to wash down 3 or 4 Ambien with shots of Jack Daniels. Even the Vicodin/vodka mixture didn't inspire this kind of easy relaxation.




On Valentine's Day, after the sugar crash....










Ignore the fat lady in the middle. Look at these babies. Moments like these are few and far between, but they are my reason for waking up every morning. This is pure bliss.







Say it with me...."Awwwwww."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Look at you, Momma! So beautiful. Thanks for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask how in the world you accomplished that. Some boring story about high school science, I bet. Teach me your secret.