Thursday, January 24, 2008

Determination

Have you ever seen anything more determined than a 2-year-old? If you let it get to you, it can really try your patience. But, more often than not, it's quite hilarious. I love to let Reese assert her independence as often as I can. According to experts in child development, it's good for her to feel like she can do things by herself. And, hey, if nothing else, it's cheap entertainment.


Here she is, putting on her pajamas. She's getting pretty good at pants. I'd say she had those licked in less than 10 minutes this time. But the shirt. That's a whole different ball game.



(I offer to help before she even gets started)


"No, Momma. I do it my-telf."












Wait. Let me get another look at this thing.














I know it's a shirt. I think my head goes in here somewhere. But where?










Ha! I know what this is! This is the sleeve. My head won't fit there. I've tried it before.










Here's the hole thingy. My head goes in here! I knew I could do it.

















See, Momma? I don't need any help.













Ah, yes. Piece of cake. No problem.













Now the sleeve and we're done.













Wait. Did I miss something here? Something is wrong with this shirt. This can't be right. First neckhole, then sleeve, right?















Yeah, that's it. I got it. Thought I lost it for a second, but nope. I'm right on track. So what if it's taken me 15 minutes to get this far?









Ok, on to sleeve two. Something still seems a bit off, but I'll work that out later.














What the...? How did this happen?











This has gone horribly wrong. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I'm two. I can do this. I can do this my-TELF!!!













(5 full minutes later)


This is definitely more frustrating than I expected.










Ok, this feels wrong. It feels really wrong, but this has to be it. Right? I will not give in. I will not give up. I am two.














Oh yeah, I got this. Told you I could do it.













Ta da! Told you I could do it. I'm TWO, after all.

And you were worried!

By the way, in case you were wondering, I like to wear my shirts inside out. This was totally how I meant for it to be. And so what if it took me 25 minutes just for the shirt? I'm dressed, aren't I? And the important thing is...I did it MY-TELF!!!

No comments: