Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ramona?

Do any of you remember the Beverly Cleary books about Ramona Quimby? Beezus and Ramona; Ramona Quimby, Age 8; Ramona the Brave, etc? I've read most of them a minimum of 10 times each, so I remember them well. Yesterday, my neighbor said "You know who Reese kind of reminds me of? Do you remember the 'Ramona' books?" I was like "OH MY GOSH, SHE TOTALLY DOES!!!!"
So, for those of you who don't remember Ramona, here she is...



And here's Reesie...

The resemblance is uncanny. The knobby knees sticking out of boots, the short, always-mussed haircut. Little grin at all times, especially when she's being naughty. (Ramona is naughty A LOT. Sadly, so is Reesie.) Ramona may be Reese's new nickname. I wonder if Avery will mind being Beezus?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She totally does!!! I loved those books!!

Aunt La La said...

my childhood just flashed before me....she is totally Ramona

NETTIE said...

OMG - I am going to have to go to amazon.com and buy those books. i forgot how much i loved Ramona!!!!

cortsmomma said...

LMAO I am dying laughing at the Beezus part ha ha ha ha ha seriously too freaking funny!!!