Wednesday, February 18, 2009

California

Did you hear that the State of California is laying off 20,000 government workers? Just after the news that it will cost them over $2 in hospital care for those octuplets the Angelina Jolie-wannabe had? Coincidence? (I'm only half joking.)

Another something to consider. In the mid-90's, during the Welfare Reform movement, the rate of unplanned pregnancies in the United States dropped for the first time in 20 years. Do you think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, people thought about it a bit more when they had to work for their government check?

Moral of this story: STOP GIVING IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE MONEY!!!! And if you want to give them money (Obviously, we don't want starving, neglected children), can we at least make them work? How about all those 20,000 jobs in Cali? Let's make the welfare recipients take those jobs in order to collect their next check. (I also think the fertility doctor who implanted Nutjob with 8 embryos should have to pay for their care.)

Ok, I know no one who matters is reading this, but I had to get it off my chest. If I stand behind one more person buying Doritos with their Lone Star card (Texas equivalent to food stamps) while I buy the Kroger brand "Nacho Zesties" I'm going to puke!!!

1 comment:

mrsdenarloyd said...

Girl, you are totally right, and I agree!!!!!!!!