Thursday, March 13, 2008

Roto Rooter

You know it's going to be a great day when you get up first thing to use the bathroom and see this:


A note from my husband. It made me smile a little bit that he wrote "Reese's friend didn't leave." He's speaking of the Little People boat driver who was flushed yesterday afternoon. I was worried that it would mess things up, but it didn't seem to yesterday. We all used the bathroom several times yesterday evening and even in the middle of the night and it all seemed fine. I guess my poor husband was the lucky bathroom go-er who got to figure out that Little People don't, in fact, flush too well.
The downside to this, besides the fact that I keep forgetting that my bathroom is out of order, (which is only a problem when you've given birth to three children, forget to do your Kegel exercises regularly, and therefore don't have a tremendous amount of bladder control) is that I have to wait on the plumber this morning and miss my favorite Pilates class at the gym. (I know, boo hoo, poor me.)
The upside is this: I got to call Roto-Rooter. Aaron left me a list of three plumbers to call and Roto-Rooter was last on the list. I called them first. I've been hearing the Roto-Rooter song since I was a child. "Roto-Rooter, that's the name, and we send your troubles down the drain," or something like that. Anyway, I've always wanted to call Roto-Rooter. I love the name. In fact, I plan to say, as often as possible, "I had to call Roto-Rooter." "The Roto-Rooter guy is at our house." "We had Roto-Rooter come out and fix our toilet."
So what if I'm weird? At least I can find the silver lining instead of whining about wetting my pants 40 times this morning and having to skip gym class, where I'd probably just wet my pants 22 more times. It's called positive thinking, people.

No comments: