Friday, November 21, 2008

They Hear Everything

Here are a few snippets from conversations with my kids over the last week or two:

Reese: (in the kitchen, talking to one of her dolls) Oh, Dammit!
Me: What did you say?
Reese: Can we say "Oh, Dammit?"
Me: No. It's not a nice word. Where did you hear that? Please dont say me, please don't say me.

Reese: From my dance class.
Whew. Wait. She isn't in dance class.



Avery, sitting at the dinner table last night, burst into song. So glad she chose this one:
"Dontcha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Dontcha."
Note to self: Gotta filter that iPod.


We are all at the chiropractor yesterday for my 2nd adjustment. The kids are looking at x-rays with me.
Avery: Wow, cool! Is that your head? Cool.
Doctor: See how this is kind of crooked? We're going to fix your momma right up so her back won't hurt anymore.
Reese: (Very loudly) Are you gonna fix her BOOTY too????
Doctor: Her booty?
He glances at me with a questioning look.
Me: Ha ha. Um, it's kind of an embarrassing thing.
I start explaining and he interjects with "It's ok. Sounds like a private matter."
That's more embarrassing than just telling him about the stupid boils!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: