Wednesday, July 15, 2009

She's Turning Into a Teenager Already


I mean, just look at her. Headphones in, oblivious to me and everything around her, playing her Nintendo DS. If she had a cell phone, I'd swear she was sixteen instead of six.

She worked hard last weekend to earn an "iPod" (really a $5 mp3 player that Aaron got off of Woot one time.) She made a list of songs for us to download for her. The list looked something like this (translations in parentheses):



The Clim (The Climb, Miley Cyrus)
Avin and Chikmuks (Alvin and the Chipmunks)
Big and Chuky (Big and Chunky, Madagascar 2)
Jony Cash (Johnny Cash)
Michael Jackson
Hana Motana (Hannah Montana)



If it had a checkmark next to it, it meant Reese wanted it on hers too (the mp3 players were 2 for $10 so she had to do some cleaning to earn one too). Every song had a checkmark.


Reese doesn't seem to care much about hers, but Avery LOVES hers. She walks around with headphones in all the time. And she sings. At the top of her lungs, all the time. My favorite is when she sings "Jackson" by Johnny Cash. We got married in a fever...hotter than a pepper sprout... it's adorable.


Today, she is singing "Billie Jean" by the late, great MJ. And I can't stop laughing because instead of "the kid is not my son," she is saying "but the kiss is not my side."
I hope she never realizes how loud, off-key and funny it is because she'll stop. That will be sad, because this is my daily entertainment.


Have I mentioned that I love that kid?

No comments: