Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not a Turd in Sight

The following picture is gross. I know this, and I know that some of you will think that my family must be really gross, but I promise that we do not keep turds or dead animals anywhere inside this house. Ok, we do keep turds in certain places, but that's only because I can't get all the short people in this house to flush the toilet. But no dead animals. And it's not like we just started keeping the turds. They've been around for a good 3-4 years.
So what, if not turds or dead animals, is attracting these disgusting creatures? Last week, we killed 41 of them in about an hour's time. The kids and I were counting. I thought for sure we had a problem in our house, so I asked Aaron to buy these traps. Look at our window about 12 hours after installing the traps.
.
You should have seen them after 2 days. Unbelievable. So what in the world is going on? Do we have a hole somewhere?
Here's the real question: Why, after installing new traps, have we attracted zero new flies? Is it possible that they saw all their friends dying and decided not to come into our house? Why has this invasion suddenly stopped?
And why, oh why, did God create flies in the first place????????

No comments: