Monday, April 19, 2010

Post 2

Our hot water tank broke last night. Even the valve that shuts off the hot water broke in Aaron's hand when he tried to turn it off. At one point, we had our garden hose running up to the attic (where the tank is) and out the back door to drain into the yard instead of into our closet vent, which was where it all began.
Besides the fact that we have no water at all this morning and I have a dentist appointment at 1:00, which means I go to the dentist wearing a ball cap because I can't shower, I've been pretty upbeat through the whole thing. This morning, I actually amazed myself with my own ingenuity - I had to go to the bathroom. I mean really go to the bathroom. I mean...well, you probably get it. And I have neighborhood friends, but I just don't know how to call them and ask if I can come over and USE their bathroom, if you know what I mean (I think we have established that you know what I mean). So, you know what I did? I went to our neighbor's and filled up a bucket with water from their hose. And used that bucket of water to flush the toilet. I considered filling it up again and again, heating it on the stove and filling the bathtub with water so I could at least be clean at the dentist today. But then I woke up from that daydream, realized I wasn't Laura Ingalls, and threw on the ballcap. The dentist can just smell me all afternoon...that's what he gets for charging me $1200 to torture me by grinding down my tooth and putting a new crown on!
Monday rocks!!!!