Monday, April 19, 2010

If I Were President...

I found this in Avery's notebook this weekend. In case you aren't well versed in first grade writing, I'll translate, based on how she explained them to me.





If I were president, I would "I want everyone well." (This is kind of a Miss America answer, don't you think? "I wish for world peace.")
I would also "Sleep with my mom every night." (Do you think President Obama ever wished for this when he was a kid?)
But I would not "forget about Mrs. Seddighi." (Her teacher)
One thing I would change would be "we could stay home." (That's my honor student!)
I would never want to change "Keep this playground." (Again with the academic avoidance.)

I love that her teacher wrote "You make me smile." That's exactly what I thought when I read it - especially since she's bald in her self-portrait. I guess even a 6-year-old recognizes the stress of the presidency!

No comments: