Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hel-LO!

Remember Uncle Leo from Seinfeld? Every time he and Jerry saw each other, they both said "Hel LO!" in a particular manner.


This morning, I came home from the gym and had a few minutes of alone time. I was actually spending it voting for my brother, Bo Atterberry, as coach of the year at http://www.coachoftheyear.com/. (I've been wondering how I could casually work that in to conversation.)


I was in the kitchen on my laptop so I wasn't visible to anyone coming out of my bedroom. I was deeply engrossed in my computer when I heard a little voice saying "HelLO! HelLO!" ala Uncle Leo. I peered out of the kitchen into the living room where I saw this:


Luckily, I had my camera on the counter directly in front of me so I could document proof that he did, in fact, come into my room around midnight last night, coughing and hacking and that I did have to get up, get medicine and give him a drink, which he promptly spilled on his shirt that I then had to remove. He wasn't pleased that he was greeted with the bright flash of the camera instead of his usual good morning hugs and kisses, but I think it was worth it, just this once.

No comments: